The PTO raises funds for purchases which enhance the education of students at Bee Cave Elementary and supports their teachers.
- Annual subscription fees for learning applications/software (e.g., IXL, SpellingCity, StemScopes, Reading A to Z)
- Field trip transportation
- Staff Appreciation
- Teacher Professional Development (e.g., conferences)
- Outside consulting (e.g., student assemblies, speakers)
- Annual budgets for Library, PE, Art, Music, Nurse, Counselor, G3, and GT
- Prizes for Math Superstars, Book Writers
- Science Day supplies
- Attendance and Discipline initiatives
- Classroom consumables
- Scholarship for BCE alumnus
- Staff planning support
Other recent purchases
- New BCE marquee in front of school
- Paved track (2016-17)
- Chromebooks (1:1 for 5th + many more for other grades)
- Writing Academy for 2nd grade teachers
- Writing Seminar for 4th grade teachers
- CAST Conference for 5th grade teachers
- Mobile science museum, planetarium, mushroom farms
- Games for Mathletes
- Laptops for Art
- Headphones for computer lab
- Ice maker for Nurse Hicks
- Obstacle courses for Field Day
- Award banners in the gym
- Flexible seating for classrooms
How are purchase decisions made?
Recurring purchases are approved with our annual budget. Special purchases are requested by staff/teacher/grade levels, or suggested by parents via our annual survey or other channels – please let us know if you have suggestions!
Thanks for all you do to make our school great!