The PTO raises funds for purchases which enhance the education of students at Bee Cave Elementary and supports their teachers.
- Annual subscription fees for learning applications/software (e.g., IXL, SpellingCity, StemScopes, Reading A to Z)
- Field trip transportation
- Staff Appreciation
- Teacher Professional Development (e.g., conferences)
- Outside consulting (e.g., student assemblies, speakers)
- Annual budgets for Library, PE, Art, Music, Nurse, Counselor, G3, and GT
- Prizes for Math Superstars, Book Writers
- Science Day supplies
- Attendance and Discipline initiatives
- Classroom consumables
- Scholarship for BCE alumnus
- Staff planning support
Other recent purchases
- New BCE marquee in front of school
- Paved track (2016-17)
- Chromebooks (1:1 for 5th + many more for other grades)
- Writing Academy for 2nd grade teachers
- Writing Seminar for 4th grade teachers
- CAST Conference for 5th grade teachers
- Mobile science museum, planetarium, mushroom farms
- Games for Mathletes
- Laptops for Art
- Headphones for computer lab
- Ice maker for Nurse Hicks
- Obstacle courses for Field Day
- Award banners in the gym
- Flexible seating for classrooms
How are purchase decisions made?
Recurring purchases are approved with our annual budget. Special purchases are requested by staff/teacher/grade levels, or suggested by parents via our annual survey or other channels – please let us know if you have suggestions!
Thanks for all you do to make our school great!
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!
Click HERE to become a sponsor!